Monday, April 20, 2020

*drums fingers*

I had two biggish plans to work on the house this year - a new heating system and to get the back garden sorted into some kind of usable state. The latter was something I didn't want to spend an awful lot of money on as I am planning on doing some proper work to it when everything else in the house is taken care of.

I've been looking at the heating system, on and off, for about eighteen months. I have the money to do it, but for some reason I simply cannot get anyone out to give me a quote. The one company who did come out, I recommended to Quiet Girl, and promptly botched the job they did at her house. So that ruled them out.

I'd rather not spend the money on the back garden, but some of the work that would get done would free me up to do other things in the house. For example, putting a shed in would first of all give me a little bit of privacy in the sunnier parts of the garden, but it would also let me move a lot of my gardening equipment etc. into the shed from the house, and free up space in the kitchen to think about the work I want to do there.

However, the pandemic has put paid to that. In theory a one man team could do the work in the back garden over about two weeks whilst still adhering to social distancing, but finding someone to do that is proving impossible.

No-one's allowed into the house, so trying to get quotes for the heating is also impossible, though S had a guy who I'll contact when the lock down is over.

I bet this is the best summer we've had in years while my back garden is in disarray.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...