Thursday, April 30, 2020

Just things.

Entering today's food data into MyFitnessPal and I realised that all I've eaten today are sandwiches. I'm way under the calorie limits but eating bacon and then chicken sandwiches for my meals isn't particularly healthy in the long run.

That realisation (sandwiches all day) prompted a memory from a party I was at years ago. It was a friend's house and even though I lived about twenty minutes walk away, I was staying the night, with a load of other people. Eventually, the host and his girlfriend disappeared for the night. The host's girlfriend was someone I went to school with - a minor crush, and arguably one of the prettiest girls in school with a GREAT figure.

The rest of us stayed up, drinking, playing games and listening to music, disappearing one by one as alcohol or sleep got the better of them. With only a few of us left standing, I needed the bathroom so tiptoed up the stairs. Another guest, correctly guessing my destination, came barrelling up the stairs after me, rugby tackling me as I tried to get the the toilet, my bladder full.

I wasn't quick enough and was rugby tackled before I could get into the bathroom. We fell against a door, which burst open and we both fell on the floor. Surprisingly, no-one woke up. We got to our feet to realise we were in the host's bedroom where he, and his girlfriend, were lying, naked, on top of the bed.

We beat a hasty retreat and closed the door softly behind us. I used the bathroom and returned downstairs where everyone had gone home or fallen asleep. I sat on the sofa, turned the music down, and chilled with a beer. Sleep eluded me and I was still awake at 6 AM when I heard steps on the stairs.

It was the host's girlfriend, wrapped in nothing but a bathrobe. I keep calling her "the host's girlfriend", making it sound like we were strangers, but as I mentioned earlier, we went to the same school and while our paths crossed infrequently, we were on decent speaking terms.

With it being the middle of summer, the sun was coming up and we were in a spell of good weather, so it wasn't that cold. We adjourned to the garden with cold beers and cigarettes and just chatted until we were joined, a few hours later, by others who had woken up.

That in itself is a nice memory for me - just sitting, chatting and comfortable with the company, but part of the conversation was related to healthy eating and the advice given to me to cut out the sandwiches/bread that I was living on at the time. That's what provoked the memory earlier when I realised what I had been eating today.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...