Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Walky, talky.

The pandemic is doing nothing for my general health and fitness. When I was in work, I was doing at least 2.5 miles per day as my lunchtime walk (weather permitting) and that was just the big one I was semi-recording. I was all over the place in the office as well, adding to my step count.

Since the lock down? Nothing. I wouldn't even say it was motivation, more like a habit that I've found myself in. 8 hours in front of the PC for work, then 6 hours at the PC after work for recreation.

There may be the odd trip to the shop (200 steps there and back), and that was it.

So when I made sure all my fitness apps were up to date and activated on my phone and watch, I took myself out this afternoon for a quick walk. It was only 1.25 miles, but I am already knackered. It's the most walking I've done in six weeks. I did make a few calls as well.

The apps aren't syncing particularly well. My watch has synced with my watch app on my phone, but the watch app has yet to sync with my fitness tracker of preference, MapMyFitness.

This is the start - further walking (increasing the distance) with an ultimate aim to get back into the yoga as the yoga will aid further exercise (I'm still toying with the Freeletics programme which seems to be more intensive than DDP Yoga but I need better flexibility first). Then I might think about diet, which is arguably the more important if I also want to lose weight (which I do).

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...