Thursday, April 23, 2020

Counting.

I hate calorie counting. I hate that kind of micro-management in general, which partly explains my frustrations at working with Stalky Guy. He can't let go and ends up figuratively standing over people to ensure they do things his way.

However, I need a better understanding of the food I'm eating if I want to lose weight, even if the thought of measuring and weighing stuff wrinkles my brain.

My TDEE for a man of my height, weight, age, exercise levels etc: 2300 calories approx.
So I need to have an overall intake of less than that for weight loss.

Currently I only really eat two meals per day - lunch and dinner. Breakfast is usually just coffee - approx. 50 calories across two cups (with milk).

My Huel is 400 calories per serving. And I am having 1 serving for lunch.

If I arbitrarily say my target is 1700 calories per day, then that leaves me with 1200 calories for snacks and dinner for the rest of the day.

That's a deficit of 600 calories per day, 4200 per week, which should equate to just over 1 lb per week lost without exercise. These figures will change if I start doing some exercise.

For example, according to my watch/fitness apps, the short walk I did yesterday burned 275 calories, which seems excessive.

I don't want to be doing this counting stuff forever, but either I'll settle into the routine and won't mind it or I'll get a better feel for what I eat and can roughly guess.

I didn't do any counting before and lost 10 lb over 10 weeks before I injured myself and stopped Yoga.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...