Saturday, April 04, 2020

e-travelling.

Due to the pandemic, Tinder has, somewhat inexplicably, unlocked its passport feature.

To expand on that, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Tinder, it's a location based dating application. I can set it to show me people within a specific radius of my current location, say 30 miles.

If I move any real distance (e.g. head to KfW2's house, 20 miles away), then I can see different people pop up in my results.

With passport, I can actually choose my location, and this is normally a Premium feature. I've no idea how or why they would do this in a pandemic, but my curiosity got the better of me and I decided that I would choose London as my location, because why not?

The standard of profile that I am seeing is head and shoulder above what I am seeing locally (and I'm talking about the profile, not the women here).

Locally, it's practically the same profile blurb ("I'm not looking for one night stands so swipe left if you are") along side unclear pictures, groups shots, no face shots or pithy motivational quotes.

In London, the photos (so far) all all clear shots showing exactly who's Tindering, with decent profile blurb as well. There is the odd "No ONS!" declarations, but in general, profiles are of a MUCH higher standard.

Where should I "locate" myself next?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...