Saturday, August 24, 2024

Sigh.

KfW2 texted late last night. She'd remembered that it was an anniversary of sorts and wanted to check in. It's not an anniversary that I'd like to celebrate, but this is the side of KfW2 that I love - the caring empathetic side.

Within the same conversation, we get the flip side of KfW2 that I don't like - the increasing flakiness/inability to pin down. I asked, once again, about her availability next Saturday night. She's already tentatively agreed to it, but she needs to confirm it before I book the restaurant as she's useless with dates. I've already asked her three times this week.

She also invited me to her place tonight after I admitted that it had been a tough week. But this is typical. I love the sentiment, but it's last-minute and I don't do last-minute very well. I'm also hoping that E is going to call tonight and I get to meet her for a few drinks. But nothing was set in stone beyond us verbally agreeing to it over a week ago. She is meant to be meeting an old university friend, so I'd be third-wheeling it, which is why I've not been pushing her for details. If she calls, she calls.

But I hate this ambiguity when other offers are made.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...