Thursday, August 29, 2024

Something to ponder.

For the first time since before Covid, work has announced a Christmas party. Usually, it's a good chance to dress up and "admire" co-workers. OK then, perv. Admittedly, it's been a good while since I've been to one. Maybe 2016? I remember one where I felt incredibly lonely after the table effectively emptied once the food was done, KfW2 disappearing, and just being really down.

I went home earlier that evening and haven't been back, I don't think.

I am a little tempted this year, but I'd need a new suit. I don't fit into my current suit because I have put on a lot of weight. I daren't step on the scales to see how bad the damage is.

There is something else to consider, but I'm in two minds about it and am reluctant to admit it publicly until I make a decision.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...