Thursday, August 22, 2024

Memories.

I had a random thought in the middle of the afternoon about a girl who'd gone to the same school as I had. I think I've posted about her recently as the one that M had admitted had split with her husband/long-term partner. She was a school crush of mine, and she stands out as one of the few that I actually acted upon.

Back in the day, I actually asked her out, having managed to get her phone number off her.

She turned me down.

But that then provoked the question about whether or not I ever admitted that to USHW. I don't know why that thought popped into my head, but it did, it was quiet in work, so I spent an hour going through some old email conversations with USHW from around ten years ago.

I miss those conversations. They could get quite detailed and quite personal/in-depth. So it was an enjoyable but somewhat bittersweet end to the afternoon.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...