Friday, August 30, 2024

Just talk (cont'd)

Another topic of conversation that Nerdy Girl and I covered was that of dating friends of friends. I'd completely forgotten that NG had once asked me to date a friend of hers and I'd refused. I'm pretty sure that I explained why at the time, but I reiterated my desire to avoid blind dates, but if she wanted to get two people into a room and see if they had chemistry, then that's the way to do it.

"I'm also insanely private," I added.

Nerdy Girl nodded.

There's also that thing where girl friends tell their girl friends everything, she explained. And then she went into detail about how she knows too much about some of her friends' sexual partners. I agreed, and shared my was-it-real experience with Quiet Girl's friend.

"That one's complicated. Even if it was real, there's lots for me to ponder."

Nerdy Girl ask me to elaborate, so I explained the following points, adding a bit of detail around them...

  • Dating a friend of a friend.
  • Being private - if we got physical, do I really want QG to know what I'm like in bed?
  • We work for the same company. I have a guideline about that.
  • She's a single mother, with a young kid. I have another guideline about that.

I admitted that I thought she (QG's friend) was fun and would make a good drinking buddy, but I didn't see anything ever happening.

"Not even as a one night stand?" asked NG.

"Unlikely, but ask me again if it's put on a plate."

She laughed.

"Honestly, I've not had the best luck when it comes to something casual."

And the conversation moved on.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...