Friday, June 14, 2024

Sigh.

KfW2 messaged. Would I like to go to hers? Her husband and son are heading out on the town. The thing is, I have work commitments this weekend. I shared this with KfW2.

"Bring your laptop to my house?" she offered.

There's nothing stopping me from doing that, except I could get called at any time though it's not guaranteed. And I wouldn't like to be sitting with KfW2 sipping gin or beer then have to disappear for an our or a few hours, trying to sort an problem. Or being woken at 3 AM and having to do the same. And I am expecting to be called at some point over the weekend. Also, to be honest, if I am working, I'd far rather do it in my comfort zone rather than at KfW2's dinner table.

It's frustrating. I'd love to see KfW2. And I'd love to see her on her own, without the kids, which would happen once the kids were in bed. But this is last-minute and somewhat inconvenient. I'm going to have to turn her down, which annoys me. But if I recall correctly, a lot of KfW2's offers recently have been last-minute.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...