Thursday, December 27, 2018

To you, to me.

"What do you want for Xmas?" asked my sister.

"Fuck knows. Don't really have any ideas" I replied.

That wasn't strictly true. I have loads of things I want to buy... just none of them that are within reasonable limits for Christmas presents. For example:
  • Jessica Alba (or a woman of equal attractiveness)
  • A new kitchen
  • A first-class ticket to New Zealand
  • Large screen 4K TV
  • Gaming console
  • New Gaming PC
I did have a few other ideas that were closer to something reasonable but still nothing my sister could buy me outright. I did have an idea though.

"Tell you what... if I can't come up with something, buy me Amazon vouchers"

"But I want to buy you something you can unwrap!" she complained.

"I understand but I have something in mind that I can put the vouchers towards. It's not like I'll end up buying rubbish."

She voiced some concerns.

"Tell you what," I reasoned "I'll send you the link of what I'm looking at, and if you find something to buy me that I can unwrap on the day, brilliant, but if not, this is what I'm planning on treating myself."

And I sent her the link.

Come Xmas morning, we swapped gifts. I got an Amazon voucher.

I wasn't entirely sure that I was going to buy the ting I'd shown my sister. I can spend small money stupidly - 10 Starbucks coffees a week for a month, for example. But I can't spend big money. Anything over £50 becomes an issue that requires serious pondering.

The item I was looking at was nearly £200. Even with £80 of Amazon vouchers, I was still reticent about spending the money.

The Amazon Boxing Day sale kicked in... and blow me if my item wasn't 25% off.

Happy Christmas to me! (Thanks Sis!)

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...