Sunday, December 09, 2018

Keep on runnin'

I left the house with just enough time to get to the bus stop to get to KfW2's on time. Except, as I was within 100 metres of the bus stop, I realised that I'd left home wearing my reading glasses, not my general glasses.

I had I reckoned, about two minutes before the bus was due. It would take me, I reckoned, about two minutes to get back to mine, grab my everyday glasses and get back top the bus stop if I ran.

So I did. As I ran back to mine, I noticed that my Achilles tendon that would give me trouble from timer to time was remarkably pain-free. I grabbed my glasses, pulled the front door closed and ran back to the bus stop. I was only about 50 metres down the road when I felt a sharp pain in my left leg, just below the calf and just above the tendon. It hurt. It hurt enough that i had to stop running.

I limped the rest of the way, expecting to see the bus drive past as I neared the end of the street. I got lucky though.

For the rest of the evening, my leg hurt.

When I woke this morning, my entire body felt like it had taken a beating. Is this the start of an illness or am I really so unfit that a jog of probably not more than 400 metres makes me achey everywhere?

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...