Saturday, December 29, 2018

FFS

"I won't be joining you for dinner tonight, but I'll see you afterwards in the pub" was the message I sent to the Whatsapp group earlier.

A Whatsapp group that contained AM, FP, QC1, BW and others.

I'd never intended to go to the meal, if I am being honest. They're having Indian and I don't like Indian that much. In fact, I was toying with not going at all, but comments from FP and the fact I'm bringing along a surprise guest swayed me.

Anyway, almost immediately, AM's husband replied:

"Didn't you pick the date?"

I was immediately angry. AM and her husband have been one of the most unreliable couples I have ever met and I have put up with that for over 20 years. And I didn't pick the date - I suggested when I might be available over the festive period and everyone had their say. All the decisions were made by the group - majority vote "wins". I even contemplated not turning up after that. The fucking cheek of some people.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...