Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Aaaargh!

I want to go on a little rant about people's refusal to use email. I'll admit that I am slightly biased because I hate talking on the phone, unless it's small talk. If there's information to be shared, then I want it in writing. Email, text message, WhatsApp... you name it.

As part of the ongoing family stuff, I've needed to reach out to someone. I've asked, in the past, that information is shared via email. The person in question has refused due to GDPR. But I'm pretty sure that GDPR doesn't come in to play here, and the information I'm asking for is not confidential.

So instead of firing off a quick email at 10 PM or over a weekend, I have to wait until Monday to Friday, office hours and then 90% of the time it'll go to voicemail anyway, and I'm waiting days for a call back.

This is absolutely inefficient and it's so frustrating to have to deal with these people. It's a waste of my time too, especially when I am at work and don't exactly have the flexibility to take time out to sit on the phone for 30 minutes only to go to voicemail.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...