Saturday, June 06, 2020

Money, money, money.

During this pandemic, I've been fortunate enough to be able to continue to work, albeit from home. However, the working from home bit is the important bit. I'm saving money by doing so. I don't particularly like working from home. A large part of my job is problem solving and I much prefer doing that by having proper conversations with people, having impromptu meetings or simply gathering people around a table.

But I have bad habits. I would spend roughly ten pounds per day on lunch, snacks, coffee etc. due to a lack of meal planning (that, and I often don't know what it is I want to eat, so decide each day as the need arises).

Add to that somewhere in the region of fifty to sixty pounds for travel to and from work, and you're looking at somewhere between £250 and £300 per month that's being saved.

This week, though, I've been spending money: £40 on books from Amazon, £35 on a mystery box of clothes from LostStock, over £100 to get someone to remove a lot of rubbish from my house as a result of my work in the garden last week and finally £40 on beer from Brewdog (I was only going to buy their Barnard Castle Eye Test beer but kinda got carried away).

I need to stop that... but I've been tempted by a new TV for quite some time, and I can afford it at the moment. Hmmm...

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...