Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Crying emoji

When I went to bed last night, I was planning on making a post about KfW2 and specifically the fact that I hadn't heard from her yesterday. However, I woke this morning to a short, but sweet message. I still want to post, but the tone shifts a little.

While I can't remember if I've actually stated this "out loud" but I know that it's been implied in a lot of posts that I've made, so here it is: KfW2 and I becoming more distant is something that saddens and frustrates me, and I don't know if it's something that can be fixed.

I don't know how much more effort I can put in, or proactive I can be without pushing too hard. I know she's got a family, a job and a husband, but at the same time, for the friendship we have (or had), it shouldn't be impossible to get her out for dinner or drinks a couple of times per year. We've not seen each other since December last year.

And yet, it feels like a... I was going to say fight, but fight is the wrong words. But it's an obstacle that shouldn't be as big as it is. And communication is a snatched 10 minute phone call every few weeks when she's on her way to pick up her kids. When I call her, she rarely picks up.

I've replied and told her that once she gets back from her holidays that I'll be pushing to meet up, but we'll likely end up doing the same dance.

So, yeah. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...