Sunday, December 03, 2017

Bah and Humbug.

Years ago, KfW2 and I started a tradition where we'd meet for drinks in our local Christmas Market. From then, it grew until it was a fairly big affair - S, GM, FC, CC etc. would all be invited out, and most would attend too. But it was still, at its heart, just a reason for me and KfW2 to go out. It wasn't a secret either - I'd said as much to KfW2 enough times over the past few years. Everyone else's attendance was nice, but not necessary.

This year, I didn't bother. I knew KfW2 wouldn't be able to make it regardless of the actual date, and to be honest, the attraction of the Christmas Market grows less with each passing year. We talked about it last weekend and I did admit to KfW2 that if I'd arranged anything this year, the Christmas Market would have been used as a meeting place, then we'd go somewhere nicer/more comfy.

Funnily enough, only hours after KfW2 and I had chatted, both SG and FP messaged to ask if there were any plans in place. Obviously, I declined, and thought that would be that - no-one else would step up and do the needful. But no, SG has decided that we should head out. Typically SG though, it's taken a week to send two messages.

"Are we going to the Christmas Market this year?"
"How's the 7th for everyone?"

But I'm really not feeling it this year.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...