Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last post of the year.... definitely.

GM just text to tell me that he was staying down home. So, sending out an email on December 17th and following up with texts and phone calls to try and cut out all of this last minute rubbish has been a complete waste of time. A text, less than an hour or so before we should have been in the pub, and I had to force that out of him as well. This is most unlike GM though - he's usually very good at being in contact.

It shouldn't be a big thing but I am pretty gutted for two main reasons - the first is that I am throwing my lot in with S and his friends tonight, but the two options on the table are a rather snooty bar/club with clientele whose age is significantly lower than mine and a brand new bar, both of which are complete unknowns for big occasions such as New Year's Eve. The second is that I was hoping that by turning up to the same bar as last year I could guarantee a good night, but also I might actually put this CB thing to bed. Chances are, that's where she'll be tonight, if she's in the city - the plan being to actually talk to her (with GM on board, this would have been very likely) and regardless of the outcome, the whole MFF/GB thing could be forgotten about.

This has been the worst year on record for meeting women... even with KfW2 supposedly "pimping" me out to her friends (another admission just today of some done at the weekend), the only person I've seen who I was in any way attracted to was CB. I think the problem is that I haven't met anyone else, so CB remains as the "best" option I had this year, though I do still feel that I shouldn't feel as strongly about it after all this time... it is a year ago to the day since I saw her in the flesh.

I'm meant to be meeting KfW2 at the weekend for lunch and drinks. I told her a while back that once we had Xmas over and done with, I'd give the online dating a go again... so Saturday will be the start of it. Or, rather, I shall be setting the wheels in motion. I can't have another year in 2014 like this one.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...