Monday, December 16, 2013

Surprise!

Yesterday saw a somewhat spontaneous, drunken afternoon out at the pub with KfW2. From the texts that were swapped, it looked like she would be on her own, but she turned up with her husband. It's not a huge disappointment - we get along well and I really like him, but I was hoping that I could start the ball rolling on the online dating thing.

We did have a brief chat about women - specifically, she had said that I don't talk a lot about women and she'd never heard me say anything about pulling people. I don't - often because there's nothing to say... but since I've known her, I guess there have been about half a dozen female-related "stories" - Near Miss, the 26 year old one night stand, the South African girl I had sitting on my lap within seconds, E3, CB and one or two others. She knows bits and pieces of some stories (CB, E3), but nothing at all of others.

I'd said to USHW a few days ago that the frustration from this year had, as she had predicted, gotten the better of me. I'm not expecting big things from it, but I guess a few months with an account on Match.com and PoF will either get me a few dates or it will be a monumental disaster. Either way, I'll be being pro-active and that's a start.

Online dating isn't the only thing to pursue, but it's the only thing I really want to do on my own (can do on my own). Other things, like singles nights or speed dating, would be more fun with someone else coming along - GM or S, for example.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...