Sunday, December 08, 2013

FFS.

As part of my dad's birthday celebrations, we were due to be heading to my parents' house later this afternoon. I was tasked with getting some beers in on top of having to buy a birthday present for him.

The beer task was taken care of earlier in the week and was sitting in the kitchen ready and waiting for me to leave the house... until I woke up this morning and found that not only has MfW actually opened the crate of beer, he's taken a quarter of it already.

This is completely unacceptable. It's bad enough that he takes beers when I have already opened a crate, but to actually open the crate itself goes way beyond that.

It's not the first time it's happened either - about 18 months ago he and UF did exactly the same thing the night before Father's Day, then rather than go out and replace the beer, they randomly left roughly the price of the beer sitting on a table. They never told me that's what it was for, so I spent four days wondering why someone had left ten pounds-ish in coins lying around the house.

Subsequently, MfW has been helping himself to my beers, albeit opened ones. I don't mind the odd one - when you live with other people, there's a bit of give and take if you run out of essentials - "borrowing" a slice of bread, taking a splash of milk if you've run out. There are three things you shouldn't do though:
  1. Open someone else's stuff
  2. Use the last of their stuff
  3. Don't take the piss about how much you take regardless
I don't remember MfW breaking #2, but he's guilty of #1 and #3.

I told UF, when he finally admitted to it, that it was completely out of order, that I had plans for the beer and to open a crate without permission was something that I wasn't at all happy about. Now I am going to have to have that same conversation with MfW.

Knowing MfW, he won't recognise these three unwritten "rules of life" that I reckon must be pretty standard - at the very least, they're simply good manners.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...