Sunday, July 14, 2013

One down, two to go.

Despite a few concerns yesterday afternoon about cancelling, GM and myself ended up having a few beers and a general chat that lasted well into the early hours of the morning.

We talked about lots of things and GM actually asked, without any prompting, about CB. I was able to say that while some progress had been made in that MFF was aware that I liked CB, I didn't know where it had gone from there. I also said that I was pretty angry with GB because it shouldn't have taken two months for GB to pass on the information to MFF and also because I am now in limbo - if I see CB in the pub (which is likely because we drink in the same pubs), I can't approach her because I don't know if she knows I am interested or not. I didn't say this last night, but closure in some shape or form would be nice.

We got back onto a topic that we'd had before regarding finding icebreakers to talk to girls - I didn't have one for CB before, but now I do - mutual friends. We also re-visited the whole knowing within a short space of time how you want something to go with a girl - is it just an hour's worth of banter? A one night stand? Dating?

I reiterated to GM that CB was the only girl in a long time where I'd want to date and see where it goes, even just on the basis of seeing her in the pub and physical attrction. There have been plenty of others over the past year or so that fall into the other categories, but a "dating girl" rarely crosses my path.

I had also hoped that I'd be able to talk GM into going along to singles event or speed dating for some laughs, but he confided in me that he was having another go with a girl he dated for a few months last year (an absolutely stunning blonde who is possibly the most high maintenance woman I've ever known).

I don't know if GM will pass any of the CB-related chat on to GB. I don't know if it would do any good even if he did, but I'm due to meet him this week for a quick drink, so I might say that our conversation, CB-wise, isn't a secret or anything.

So, that's one down. KfW2 and QC2 conversation still to have.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...