Sunday, July 21, 2013

Another emotional rollercoaster ride.

I thought that sorting my head out a few weeks ago regarding the KfW2 thing meant that I could relax a little. While I wouldn't say that I came away from the week's holiday unhappy, I have identified things in my life that I would like to change. Some of them are major, not all of them are quick fixes and not all of them are entirely in my control, but that was fine, I was going to deal with that and had planned to sit down at the start of August and put together some kind of grand plan.

The recent, sudden death of my friend still hasn't sunk in fully. I don't think it truly will for another few weeks when I envisage the work troubles raising their head again and as he was my sounding board for any work-related issues, there will be a void when I need one again.

I keep bouncing between missing my friend and the sense of sadness and loss that comes with that (plus some dread about the near future, work-wise) and a vague sense of optimism, mostly generated by recent conversations with S, GM and CH and upcoming conversations with KfW2 and QC2 (and also a bit of confidence in moving these conversations onto subjects I want to discuss).

I've yet to hear back from QC2 having sent her a text on Wednesday about meeting this upcoming week for drinks, but hopefully she'll be in touch. KfW2 has already offered to take me out soon, which I'm looking forward to immensely, and the privacy of not talking in work means I can have the conversation that I want.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...