Monday, July 29, 2013

So...

Pretty much from the outset, today got off to a flying start. KfW2 asked me about how my weekend went, so that gave me a chance to explain about CH's claim that it was her goal to find me a woman. KfW2 didn't seem that surprised. In fact she said that there were plenty of people who had that idea.

I know that I have many female friends (and even my sister) who would love me to meet someone, but apart from CH and more recently KfW2, I can't think of anyone offhand who actually went out of their way to do anything about it. And, thinking back on it, CH didn't get the chance as her friend met someone else (though she wasn't my type really) and I don't think that KfW2 actually tried to set me up with her friend... it just turned out that she liked me as it was (but there are other reasons why that's not a go-er). Oh, and how could I forget GB who kinda tried with CB, but needed constant reminding. Does she count?

However, KfW2 had said that her friends had all been talking about me at a social engagement she was at over the weekend and the subject of my dating situation came up too. I seem to have made a good impression on KfW2's female friends if they're talking about who I can be set up with.

I am notoriously picky though and if there's any pressure at all, I will back off. That's why I've always told anyone that I don't do blind dates and partly why I don't often go on the pull in pubs unless it's obvious the girl in question is interested. Bring mates to the pub and we'll see how we get on, preferably without either of us knowing. That way, there's more chance of something happening, I think.

This was all meant to lead up to a conversation outside of work with KfW2 as I am more comfortable doing it that way, but I don't know if that's going to happen this week. If it does, then great, but I will probably try to talk more on this subject in general.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...