Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sigh.

The RB thing has been annoying me. While I wouldn't say I've been obsessive about it, I have found it hard to put it out of my mind and just deal with it if/when she calls (as you can tell from the amount of posts on the subject over the past two weeks). I've been keeping a careful eye on the phone since the earliest point when she could have received the note (last Wednesday night) at times where I think she might call - lunchtimes, during the evening after tea-time etc. even though I don't get a lot of calls on my mobile and don't usually pay it a lot of attention unless I'm actually using it myself.

Is it a big thing? For most people, probably not. For me? Possibly. As I am quite picky when it comes to those I take on as friends, girlfriends etc. getting in contact with RB was a big step for me. The decision to make contact and the actual act of getting the note out are minor compared to the fact she is someone I'd like to see again and that I've been pro-active in trying to do so. The ambiguity over what this might turn in to if she does call is still there. RB is a very attractive, sexy girl (or rather, I remember her being a very attractive and very sexy girl... I have a terrible memory for faces) and there's no doubt that I am attracted to her romantically/sexually a little (though not to the same extent as I was with Kiwi Girl, for example) but not enough (in my own opinion) that I should be this focussed on waiting for her call, especially when it could as easily go down the platonic route as the romantic one.

Logically, I think I know the time has passed for her to call. However, that doesn't stop me clutching at straws and thinking that, for example, the rules of the game mean she might not be in contact until up to a week after she got my details (from a conversation with R) which gives her until Wednesday or Thursday or that there's no hard and fast rule about contact and she might be considering her options (from seperate conversations with A and USHW) or that she might be waiting to make arrangements for the weekend which gives her until Thursday to actually call. Who knows where that last one came from?

I guess I invested more in this than I originally thought.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...