Thursday, July 31, 2008

Supposedly the best things in life don't come easily.

Fuck me, that wasn't easy.

I met AM for lunch and she got the full story on the RB thing. Well, maybe not full story... the important bullet points: met RB, like RB, no fucking, no contact since and a certain amount of RB-related distraction. Her advice, straight to the point, was exactly the same as A's - call her.

I was still worried about whether there were two girls with RB's name in her office, but I needn't have worried. Using RB's first name when calling the central line didn't provoke a "which one?" response and after a failed first attempt as she was on another call, the second paid dividends as she agreed to meet for a drink (and hopefully more than one) at the end of the week.

Weirdly, when she came on the phone, I knew it was her from her simple "hello". I might not remember her face in detail, but her voice was instantly familiar. I hope that when she appears in the pub this weekend, I'll recognise her face in exactly the same way.

I feel nauseous. I feel excited. But mostly, I feel nauseous as my nerves nearly got the better of me and that things still aren't plain sailing yet as I still remember how difficult she was the last time we met. For the record, I don't believe she will be like that and will be nice and chatty and forthcoming.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...