Sunday, July 13, 2008

Re: Murphy's Law

From my previous post, I mentioned a girl, Recruitment Bird (or RB for brevity). Yes, that's right a real, live attractive girl. She made initial contact and we had a bit of banter for a while, until the barman had served her. As she left, she made a comment about asking her out. I dismissed this as just fooling around, but more on this later.

FP and myself chatted with a few other blokes we had met (FP's friends, naturally) and it looked like this girl was actually seriously interested. Regular readers will know by now that I'm fairly clueless with women, often only realising there's potential when it's far too late. Coming back from the bathroom, I noticed that this RB's table was empty. It seemed that she, and her friend, had gone. I nipped outside, away from the other blokes, to send USHW a text message as I'd been texting her that night, only to find this girl outside on her own, having a cigarette. So, I sent my message to USHW and got talking to RB.

I think RB was about to get a taxi home, but when I started talking to her, this seemed to change and she dragged me back inside to listen to the band. This is where things got weird. I bought her a drink and we settled into a couple of vacant chairs for a chat. I'm not sure how long we chatted... it was probably no longer than an hour or so. However, when I asked her about herself, she got very agitated and defensive, wanting to know why I was asking about her. RB had made various statements/questions about why I should get her phone number (despite having not asked for it) and also about how I wasn't getting “any” that night either. At points during the conversation, she accused me of hiding something (including continually checking to see if I were married), when I'd been nothing but honest with her until that point. There was at least one point, maybe two, where I got up to head back to FP and his friends because she was making life difficult. Attractive she might be, but at this stage, she was being very unpleasant. I don't think it was deliberate and she was incredibly drunk, but it wasn't nice.

As I stood up to leave, RB grabbed my hand and pulled me back down again, somewhat placated. Weird, huh? She even initiated some kissing shortly afterwards. We managed to continue the chat without further drama until closing when the bouncers kicked us out. We remained outside the pub as everyone else got taxis and went home or to other pubs. In fact, we were still there almost an hour later, snogging away like teenagers.

I suggested more than a few times that we should call a couple of cabs and get her home. I lived in the opposite direction and would require my own cab. Each time I did, she... ahem... attacked me with renewed vigour. Eventually though, RB caved in and agreed she should head home. She asked me if I would go home with her and I said that I would.

Back at hers, in the comfort of her living room and sofa, we engaged further kissing. Before too long though, she was started to fall asleep. Similarly to the pub, when I woke her to suggest she went to bed (and I got a cab), the snogging would start in earnest again. This time, the snogging did evolve into heavy petting and while I was enjoying this a lot, it was getting very late (or very early, depending on your viewpoint). After making the same suggestion a few times, RB eventually agreed to bed, asking me to stay over. Again, I said that I would.

She led me upstairs to a rather bare looking room where we got into bed (fully clothed) and resumed our heavy petting. When she started to doze, I let her and she fell asleep while we were wrapped around each other. I'm terrible for not sleeping in my own bed and especially after something like this, so I think I got about 30 mins of sleep in total. True to her word, there was no sex. I never pushed for any, either, if I'm being perfectly honest, though I did enjoy myself a lot and the cuddling was very pleasant indeed. I'm a man of simple pleasures. Oh, and there was the added point in that I might have wanted to see her again. While fucking on the first meeting isn't necessarily going to stop that from happening again, you can't tell with some women and I played it safe. Despite the fact she clearly was extremely horny, I never pushed any boundaries and let her dictate what was "allowed", which is why it remained heavy petting rather than full on sex. All clothes remained on at all times, although hands did wander under the clothes from both parties.

The next morning, RB had to get up for work, so when the alarm went the first time she snoozed it for a while and we cuddled and dozed until she could postpone it no further and had to get ready for work. When she was ready, I got up and she gave me a lift into the town centre where I could get a taxi or a bus home. I must admit, she looked rather fine in her work clothes... possibly better than she had the night before. I must have been a mess though. Urgh.

So, that all seems straightforward. Obviously, it's not because yours truly can be a Muppet with women. Unlike many instances before (Kiwi Girl, for example), I remembered about contact details, but I was in two minds about whether it would be worth it, given our initial hour or so of conversation. Things went a lot smoother after that obviously because there was only snogging/petting rather than conversation, but still there were some small things that really didn't fit that, while unimportant on their own, all added up to something that simply didn't sit right – pieces of conversation, things I noticed about her house etc. That was offset by the fact that she's extremely attractive and, from the twenty minutes or so of conversation the next morning, seems quite interesting.

So, as I said, I was in two minds. When we went our separate ways, I didn't ask for a number. Having pondered this for a day or so, I realise this was a mistake, so I'm planning on getting in contact during the next week to give her my number and see if she's interested in, well, something. I'm not even sure she's relationship material, but I'd like to see what she's like sober. With any luck, she's not like that person I met the other night for the first hour and we can see what develops... friendship, romance, whatever. To be perfectly honest, anything. It's a no lose situation. I can gain a friend (see my New Year's post) or a girlfriend (ditto) or she doesn't use my number (nothing changes). And you know, I think I'm being quite upbeat about this. There are still one or two grey areas that concern me... she seemed, I dunno, embarrassed the next morning on the way into the town centre. I'm not sure if that's because she doesn't normally pick up men in pubs and take them home or if she knew that she had been harsh the previous night. She said that she was single and I've no reason to doubt her. During the evening, she seemed quite keen that this wouldn't be a one off (she never said as much, but she did mention me getting her number quite a bit), but in the morning, further contact wasn't mentioned. I'm in two minds here. She was very vocal the previous evening about how sexy I was etc. so I'm kind of concerned that it was simply a case of alcohol-induced horniness, just as I've posted about before here. I'll have to see what happens next week and hope that, like myself, even if she isn't looking for anything in particular, that she's at least inquisitive enough to meet again.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...