Monday, July 28, 2008

The end? (Part Two)

So, despite being convinced that RB's not going to phone, I have toyed with the idea that I might make another attempt at getting in contact. I have no idea what this might be, but I was kind of encouraged to consider it when I was reading a few posts on a forum I frequent where I am fairly anonymous member. These posts weren't replies to my own circumstances, but rather general dating and relationship issues that can apply to me.

Essentially, a few female members had posted that being keen early on is not a bad thing (which I guess I am), that another attempt at contact should be seen as “what have I got to lose?” which is also a valid point to make. The final reason was a old quote or saying “a faint heart never won fair lady”, which is also true.

Into this, I have to factor various facts and assumptions that would support further effort:

  1. I'm not 100% sure she got my first note. Reasonably sure, yes. Perhaps to about 80%, but not certain.
  2. She was keen during the night and a little affectionate in the morning. The early evening stuff was based on drunken lust, of that I'm reasonably sure, but there was enough there in the morning to suggest it wasn't all alcohol based.
  3. There was a fair amount of embarrassment the next morning. My guess is that taking a guy back to hers and jumping on him is not something she does very often, if at all. We didn't fuck, but it appears that we did enough to make her self-conscious. Enough not to call? I think so.
  4. I think some things she said during the night didn't add up. Not vitally important things, but there were half a dozen things said that might not be true and if she remembers the early part of the evening, might not want to revisit that and have to admit to the fibs.
  5. She admitted that she was single and that she was unhappy being single.

And these factors that support no further effort:

  1. She might well have gotten the phone number and just isn't interested enough to want to see me again.
  2. It's been two weeks and really, things are now cold. Had I wanted to follow up on this, I should have done it early last week. Even now, by the time I figure something out and act on it, it could be another week passed.
Ideally, I'd bump into her in the street or in the pub and this would be moot as I could ask her straight out for a lunch date or her number, but with that being reasonably unlikely, forcing the issue with more contact is something I have to consider if I do want to see her again. How to go about this is the kicker, though.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...