Sunday, July 27, 2008

The end?

As it's now two complete weekends since RB's had my number (or rather since she should have had my number... I'm still not 100% certain she did receive it obviously), I have to assume she's not going to use it.

Thursday and Friday were weird days for me. I was in a terrible mood. Not bad tempered, but rather, I don't know, disappointed? A general feeling of anti-climax, perhaps? The realisation, sub-consciously that she wasn't going to phone even though I knew that from the start of the week. There was also a false alarm on Thursday evening as I received an SMS message from an unknown number, but it turned out to be one of E's friends who had a new number. I was also contemplating other ways of getting in contact having seen quotes elsewhere that implied that taking risks was a good idea. It's an idea I've yet to reject, but I'd need someone I know and trust to confirm that it was a good idea before I'd continue down that route. I might post on this another time as I still have these thoughts running around my head that I need to straighten out.

Anyway, I spoke to A about it and she empathised with me as she's been in a similar position. I also managed to talk to FP about it in the early hours of this morning, at least to tell him I'm disappointed that RB didn't call and that I was (or still am) reasonably keen in seeing her again (mainly because she was a lot more personable in the morning than she had been the previous evening). His theory was that RB was embarrassed about the night because his assumption was that we had fucked. I put him right on that score (we didn't), but I do think his theory is partly right and that we were a lot more intimate that night than she would have liked (despite her being the more aggressive one). So, even though I sent the note (assuming, again, that she got it), she's still embarrassed by the evening. She admitted as much herself on the Friday morning, but I didn't believe that would be enough to stop her from getting in contact.

Fair play to FP though, he did listen and there was no piss taking, only some theories on why she didn't call (as he saw how keen she was) and declarations that women were mad (and he's right ladies, you are). He should be like that more often.

I've been busy since Thursday which has helped a lot. I still wouldn't mind seeing her again, but at least I'm not focussed on a potential phone call.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...