Friday, July 04, 2008

Moving forward.

It's been a slow, albeit fairly enjoyable week. Work has trundled along and has *touch wood* been quite good and that should continue into next week. I've gotten some peace and quiet this week as the 'rents have pissed off on holiday. I've not really taken advantage of that, really, apart from a frivolous invite to E last week to come back for drinks after the pub (which she declined when she found out I had no mixers in the house). It's strange really, because I usually have a good run of "form" when I have the house to myself (not that I bring a lot of girls back here at that time).

I've also made some slight adjustments to my finances that will enable me to pay off my debts slightly quicker, too. When that's all done, I can start, really start, to save for a mortgage... assuming I can afford a house that is with the current house prices.

My recent travelling has left me somewhat restless, I think. Well, there's that, E's recent visit home and the ongoing issue with work. I've been considering my options this week, but I'm still fairly aimless. I have made tentative steps in three directions: looking for a new position within my current employer, considering foreign employment and increasing my marketability by taking a class or two at evening classes next year.

So, things are looking forward, if not upwards!

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...