Sunday, August 03, 2008

The date: the fallout.

So how has this dating thing caused me to feel?

Well, I'm disappointed and frustrated. RB's the most promising girl (in terms of a potential girlfriend) I've met in years and for her to remove any romantic possibility right from the end of the first official date is confusing, especially as she says it's something in her past rather than her own feelings for me. There is also the fact that she was very appreciative of me both in our original meeting and during the date itself right up until the point she made the announcement.

So, I'm also annoyed and increasingly angry. OK, so she has this baggage from before that's still bothering her, but why let this get in the way now? Why not give it a couple of dates and see how things go? If she's still bothered after four or five dates, then perhaps this is a big enough deal for her to deal with and not to get into the serious dating or a relationship. I'm struggling to come up with something that's so big or important that it's stopping her from dating. I'd far rather fall into the friends category because these issues cannot be overcome with our dating and talking rather than be forced into the friends angle because RB won't address the issues she faces.

What is this baggage that's so huge she won't date? From things RB said during our original meeting (and from comments made by A), I'd have to say that perhaps a previous partner cheated on her. But if that was a while ago, why is this still a big thing now? So, if it's not that, then the only things I can think of are more sinister... physical abuse, rape etc. I've only know her for three weeks and only met her twice, so she's not going to open up right now and tell me everything, but if this is a simple trust issue because her previous partner cheated on her, I'll be very disappointed. That's the kind of thing that you work through by getting out there and dating and forming new (romantic) relationships.

I am harbouring a very slim glimmer of hope that between now and our next meeting later this week, that she talks to her friends and/or family and that they encourage her to actually give the dating thing a go, that it might help her overcome whatever this issue is that she still has to deal with.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...