Sunday, August 10, 2008

Still pondering.

So, I think that the people I trust enough to know about the RB thing are fully clued in and most have given their advice on the matter... only AM and USHW have yet to say anything.

Most of the advice has been reasonably consistent - give her some time to get to know me and trust me, but make it clear that while I respect her decision, that I don't agree with it and that I want to be more than friends. [I'm still hoping that RB has had a chance to sit down and think this through and chatted to her mates. If she is romantically keen (and she is), then there is always a possibility that her decision can change.] Obviously, we don't discuss that immediately, but it's something we will have to talk about in a while, assuming that we do continue to see each other. I tend to be pessimistic about these things, but vocalising it has helped. Talking to QC2 in person and E on the phone has really helped, but this will fade in a few days' time if there are no further developments and if I haven't talked it over with anyone.

This is, I think, going to be weird. Effectively, it will be dating without the supposed romantic/sexual conclusion. We're still pretty much strangers and our next group of meetings will continue where the date left off with us learning about each other... less about facts (our histories, likes and dislikes) and more about personalities and with less kissing. No kissing, actually.

Despite the fact that it was left that she wouldn't call until next week, I'm kinda hoping (with an element of a gut feeling) that she'll be in contact today. It would be nice if she were, but we'll see.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...