Monday, July 31, 2023

Urgh.

I'm glad to see the back of July, to be honest. I had hoped that it would be exciting and busy from a personal perspective.

While it was great to get the night out with G, and there was the afternoon meeting with FP and BR, there could have been so much more. A night out with The Crowd, for example.

But while those were undoubted highlights, from a work perspective, it was awful. I was hugely stressed for pretty much the entire month. Our most experienced and knowledgeable guy was out of the office for the summer holidays and I was the next in line. But I'm still learning, I only know a fraction of the stuff I need to and I had three or four people contact me to take on some urgent work. And all that juggling makes me stressed.

There's no doubt that I'm almost definitely being far too negative and reading too much into things. My manager sent me a message on Friday saying that I'd done a good job in the other guy's absence, which allays some fears, but when the same thing happens again (and it will), I'll be back to being stressed out.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...