Thursday, July 13, 2023

Lip up fatty

Facebook showed up some interesting photos today as part of its memories. It's from a meet-up I had from my online hobby (posted by someone else, not me). It must be 20 years ago now. There's not a lot to say about it other than it was fun. K was present, though I'd met her before and this would be before things got physical between us.

But what struck me was how thin I was. Sure, I was exercising more, but I was also drinking every weekend.

It all changed when I started a new job in 2004 which meant spending several months in America. Exercise went way down, food intake went way up and alcohol intake also went way up.

When I returned to the UK, I must have been 2 stone (13 kg) heavier than when I left, and it's a weight that I simply haven't been able to shift since. I still played sport for a few years, I went to the gym to see GC, the alcohol intake didn't really drop off.

My mum and sister both told me, separately, that the extra weight I was now carrying was good for me, though while I was thin, I was never massively underweight. In fact, I think I was pretty much spot on for my age and height at the time.

Nothing else to report, really. It was just a bit jarring seeing photos of me from that long ago... there aren't many that exist at all, never mind online.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...