Saturday, July 15, 2023

Just talkin'

The night out with G was as good as always. We chatted for hours with no lull, which is par for the course. We covered loads of topics, including my meeting last week with FP and BR. One of the highlights was G asking me if I would do anything different in my life?

I lied a little and said that I was happy where I was currently. It's mostly true. I own my own house, I'm mostly healthy and I have a job that I like. My mental health is not great and I'm single, which is currently bothering me a little.

I pointed out one aspect that probably would have changed my entire life from age 18 onwards. I would have missed out on my friendships with Friction Guy, FBS and QC2 for starters. E, too. It might have had an effect on meeting CAB, FA2 and my time living abroad. It almost definitely would have meant not meeting KfW2 and The Crowd. I wouldn't have started the online hobby which meant I crossed paths with USHW, A, K and F.

Would I have been happier? Who knows? My friendships with E and KfW2 are extremely important to me, and I would struggle to give those up (even though, strictly speaking, I'd not ever know about them).

We both agreed that we are the people we are because of the journey that we have taken.

G also pointed out that I was looking around the bar more than I usually did. I'm not sure it was true. The bar didn't even appear to be that busy, presumably due to the weather, because bars in my hometown are usually rammed on a Friday evening. I can only recall one woman taking my eye, a cute blonde woman, so I guess that G just managed to catch me looking at her.

We left the bar four hours later, more than a little tipsy, but I thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...