Monday, July 31, 2023

Here we go.

August is already off to a flyer, from a social point of view. Friday is our annual Summer work event. Quiet Girl is going, so there'll be eye candy. And KfW2 has just texted asking me if I want to go to a BBQ at her house on Saturday.

I've said that I'll go, and I will. I doubt I'll stay over, which will cause all manner of chat. I love spending time with Kfw2, but as I've repeatedly said on this blog, I'm an introvert. I'm also shy, but that's a different conversation.

As an introvert, I need to recharge after being social. That usually means just getting back to my own space. When I stay over in KfW2's, it often means I don't get back to my house until mid-afternoon by which time I am running on empty.

So, I usually try to get a taxi home late in the evening. That means I get to enjoy a night out, plus I get to wake up in my own bed.

It's something that KfW2 hasn't quite grasped, though I've done an awful job of explaining things to her.

Still... two nights out this weekend will see me absolutely mentally exhausted by Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...