Thursday, July 20, 2023

Here we go again.

I've only been back at work for three full days after nearly two weeks off and I'm already as stressed now as I was before my time off.

It's a combination of factors - I know little about the system, which is at least recognised.

But I have three different people giving me work to do and telling me that it's the highest priority without actually speaking to each other. And that's not counting the random emails or IMs that I get from people asking for "quick favours".

I've had a task on my list for about four weeks. Document some stuff and do some knowledge sharing. Not that big a deal, and every time we have a meeting, I'm told that there are at least three other projects that are higher priority. So the documentation doesn't get written. But now the girl is complaining that the documentation isn't done despite her being the person telling me about all these other priorities.

I mean, for fuck sake. this isn't rocket science. Nor is it THAT important. We'll get around to it when we get around to it.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...