Friday, December 13, 2019

Grrr.

One of the things that's annoyed me about KfW2 is that, in work, she's selfish/single-minded. She's asked me to do favours for her, then made demands on my time when I say I'll do it when I can.

"Can you do me this favour please?"

"Not right now, but I can do it after lunch"

"OK"

Five minutes later...

"I really need it right now. Can you do this for me please?"

And then we'd get into an "argument" about our internal reward system because I would do the favour and she'd refuse to acknowledge my generosity in the system.

Earlier, she pinged me and asked me to go for coffee... in ten minutes. So, I arrive at her desk at the requested time and she's finishing up some work. This is also a recurring issue, by the way. I'm standing nearby, waiting for her to finish. Just as she's finishing up, probably five to ten minutes later, someone approaches her desk and asks her a question.

What's the etiquette here, dear reader?

Personally, I'd say "Can I get back to you in fifteen minutes, Ruuude's been waiting for me".

KfW2, however, perceives this person to be a higher priority than I am, and I spend another fifteen minutes while she has a chat with this person.

So, that means I've spent fifteen to twenty minutes waiting for KfW2.

That's not a one-off, and with KfW2 moving into a new job with greater responsibilities, this kind of thing isn't going to get any less frequent.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...