Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Well, I never!

In the past, I've sometimes gone Facebook stalking for old acquaintances and crushes... Most of the time, it's curiosity on my part and the person in question has crossed my mind for some random reason. Other times, it's because someone has asked specifically about them - KfW2 or USHW for example would sometimes want to know more about someone I've mentioned in conversation.

A lot of them cannot be found on Facebook - they don't have social media accounts or I can't remember their surname, or they married and changed it, or never knew it (for some of my more fleeting dalliances).

Once, I came across someone (CAB) purely by accident, probably eight years or so after we'd dated and she left the country. That provoked an email that turned into a very brief chat (she was about to travel the world, just as I was). We've not been in contact since.

However, imagine my surprise when I was hunting through YouTube recently and a video that included CAB was recommended to me. That was confusing - the video was not on a topic that I'd be interested (university courses). Still, it provoked a few good memories.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...