Wednesday, April 03, 2013

The never-ending story.

KfW2 sent me a message this morning saying that she'd had a brainwave about my current GB-related "dilemma". I think KfW2 thinks my issue with GB is a lot more serious than it actually is and that it's putting pressure on my friendship with GB. It's not, but the comments themselves are out of character for GB and add to my recent concerns about the lack of movement in the CB drama.

KfW2 said that the comments were hurtful and not really very nice - that's correct and neither was the tone used - but that it's out of character for GB and maybe I'm taking them to heart more because it's hitting me where I am vulnerable.

I think KfW2's spot on, actually. GB's comments are annoying rather than anything else because I was optimistic about CB. I would still like an introduction, but I have no idea what, if anything, has been said to her. While I have done my best to avoid any kind of Facebook stalking (for want of a better phrase), I notice that her profile is no longer open for public viewing. I don't know if that's because she thinks someone (i.e. me) is FB stalking or if she had it less secure by accident and has rectified that. I honestly hadn't been anywhere near her profile beyond verifying that the girl I saw in the original picture was her - I was trying not to tempt fate... and anyway, GB  and USHW were doing the stalking for me. It's still enough to make me a little paranoid though.

A later discussion with, amongst others, CH has suggested that GB was more than just a little drunk both times, so if I do decide to have a word with her, she might not remember. Being drunk doesn't excuse her for saying those things, by the way. If something's bothering her, being drunk has just made her vocalise it.

I never said to KfW2 that she was correct, at least not completely. I should have, of course, but when she asked what was bothering me, with the stuff I did mention, I neglected say that I am currently in one of my "wanting to meet someone" stages and that it is bothering me a lot more than it has done in the past... maybe because it coincided with the small albeit realistic chance of meeting CB. (And for the record, other things that are bothering me about this are: not talking to CB in the pub originally and the fact that I'm still annoyed by the entire scenario - 40-ish posts on this blog about someone I've never actually met/talked to and last saw three months ago, both of which I've also not shared with KfW2 or anyone, for that matter).

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...