Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Socially speaking.

The work thing trundles on. Concerns are growing in general (not just me) that our new boss, despite many, many (minor) mistakes and no signs that things will get better that he will eventually fill a role as our permanent new manager in a few months once his initial probationary period is up.

On the bright side, we have a work night out this week and I'm hoping that CC, CH and KfW2 will be out. GB will probably be out as well and while my relationship with her has cooled (on my side, she is unaware that there is a problem), I still want (need) to close off the CB thing. I'm hoping that I can maybe get the girls involved in a conversation about my relationship status and take it from there. If that doesn't work, I'm still pretty clueless about how to bring up the subject out of the blue like this. Regardless of the conversation, I am looking forward to Friday already, purely from the social aspect.

I'm also trying to arrange a daytime thing at the end of the month with the same crowd plus a few extras like MF, S, GM etc. We've had a few of these in the past and they've always turned out to be really good fun and really well received.

I've also managed to get a hold of E over Facebook. She wasn't responding on Skype, presumably because she was never at her laptop, but it's been good to chat. However, she's difficult to talk to over text chat - like getting blood out of a stone (I know a few people who would level that accusation at me, quite fairly too), but when you talk to her on the phone or on Skype, she's a lot warmer, funnier and talkative. We've easily had two hour Skype conversations in the past.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...