Sunday, April 28, 2013

Oh god.

Knowing that I was going to stay in last night and in my current funk, I got a few beers in to chill out with. Well, a crate of Beck's Vier bottles. 15 bottles. I started early, watching the football, then continued on. I was online for most of the night, hoping to catch E on Skype, but she wasn't about. I also continued on with a conversation I was having with USHW that was both fun and productive. I wouldn't say that I was out of my current funk after the conversation with USHW, but I have a couple of things sorted in my head which is at least a step forward and a couple of tentative plans. I was also horrendously drunk. By the end of the evening (long before the end of the evening actually), I had drank all of the beer. That's practically 9 pints... then I had a few gins on top of that. Suffice to say I was way more drunk than I should have been (and like to be) when I eventually went to bed at 3:15AM.

Still... bar my typing which fell apart around midnight, the conversation made sense and we covered a lot of ground. We often do cover lots of things. Our frankness with each other enables us to cut out a lot of crap and just get to the core of the topics we discuss. Sometimes I kinda wish I could be like that with other people. I'm close to KfW2, and she often comments about how little I talk about myself and that any time she does get personal stuff out of me, it's like getting blood from a stone. I appreciate that this is my problem, not something anyone else can fix and in CH and KfW2, there are two people I feel comfortable enough with to consider opening up more to. My relationship with CH is based more on cheeky chat and having fun rather than sitting down and discussing issues though, so I don't know if it's wise to try and change a dynamic that works perfectly well.

And while my head's been fuzzy due to lack of proper sleep, I managed to avoid a hangover today.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...