Sunday, April 21, 2013

An eventful few days.

It's been an eventful few days. DSC cried off our lunch meeting, claiming illness. While I wouldn't say that I was expecting her to back out, I wasn't surprised when she did. When things aren't going her way, she has a tendency to withdraw, more so than with others. Sometimes I feel that she should make more of an effort so that she simply doesn't sit indoors and focus on the negative - often getting out and having a change of scenery and some company is enough.

Work is interesting (as in "may you live in interesting times") and our new management structure is failing again. For the second time in a matter of weeks, I've seen our new manager essentially lie to other team members. I am starting to have serious concerns about this new guy's competence and I am giving thought to airing my concerns to people higher up the management chain in work tomorrow.

I also got a call from KfW2 early yesterday. In between talking about various things, KfW2 told me of something that happened to her within the past week, namely one of her closest friends in the world has decided that she can't be friends any more. KfW2 is devastated and was in tears while she spoke to me on the phone - this all came out of the blue and her friend took the rather cowardly way out by not talking about this face-to-face. She's obviously thought about this for a while, though her reasons seem shallow and inaccurate at best. I've cut people out of my life before because it seemed to me that I was putting more into the friendships than they were for far too long, but I simply stopped getting in contact, removing them from Facebook and the like - I've never sent someone what amounts to a "Dear John" letter.

I met up with KfW2 later - she was out with friends nearby and invited me down to join them and we ended up pretty toasted by the end of the night. It was last minute, unplanned and as these things usually are, very good fun. I think it helped KfW2 as well, by taking her mind off it for a while and it was only discussed very briefly. My head hurts today though.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...