Sunday, March 03, 2013

Socially speaking.

I got a text from G on Friday night when I was out for our monthly work social event. He was back home for a quick 36-hour trip and did I fancy some beers? Of course I did, but his timing was terrible. I had planned on a quiet Friday night, but that kinda went out the window after my disastrous meeting with my manager. I had hoped that MFF was out with the work thing so I could pick her brains about CB, but she was nowhere to be seen. So, I ended up getting pretty smashed with KfW2 and a few work guys.

On Saturday, I was meant to be meeting a guy from an online forum I'm a member of who was visiting my city with his girlfriend. We were due to have a few drinks and I was convinced that it would probably be quite drunken. He turned out to be a nice enough bloke and his girlfriend was nice and chatty too, but my initial thoughts about making it an all-night affair were scrapped when G announced his presence. I still managed to meet him for a few drinks before heading out to meet G.

I wasn't in great form to be fair. I had a pretty big hangover (pretty big for me, that is) and had a dicky tummy all day, so large quantities of booze were not a good idea. However, we had a great evening. M popped in for a bit and we had a chat as well. He reassured me that the plastic date from last week was indeed just that and that there was no subterfuge involved. As he left, we made tentative arrangements to meet soon for drinks (and that he's bringing along MM and MMBF). I mentioned the CB thing to G, but despite my posts last week where I admitted defeat, I said that it was still in play. I don't know why I said that, but ultimately it's unimportant as it's all out of my hands unless MFF can do something.

As G and I were leaving (we were calling it quits early), we managed to bump into E3 and two of her friends, one of whom I simply cannot stand. The other was cute and I'd never met her before. E3 apologised profusely about last year when she "threw herself" at me (her words, not mine). I told her that apologies weren't necessary. If I'd been in better form, I might have laid some groundwork or hinted at a fuck buddy agreement because I did think there was still a glimmer of interest on her part... I just don't know what her opinions are on casual sex... and, well, there's always the fallout.

So, with two big social nights under my belt this weekend, I feel as if I could do with a day off. I could certainly do with a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...