Monday, March 18, 2013

Green, turning blue.

S and I went for something to eat yesterday afternoon ahead of meeting up with the rest of the guys at my favourite pub. There are always discussions about where to go when we have our big days out, but we usually end up in this one pub. At the last minute, someone else suggested the place we were in on New Year's Eve with GB and GM, and while that's an excellent pub, it's not really handy for anyone these days - GM and GB have moved away from the area, it's remote and a taxi ride there. Once it was suggested, it niggled at me for a bit though because I knew there was a good bet that if CB was out for St. Patrick's Day, it would probably be there.

Regardless, we ate and went round. We were the first to arrive and tried to grab seats. GB, GM and MF plus boyfriends etc. were the next to arrive, almost an hour after the pre-arranged meeting time. Apparently they were unavoidably held up in their quest for food, but didn't have the common sense/manners to at least drop me or S a text message to let us know that they were running late. Predictably, KfW2 didn't show up until 90 mins after we originally arrived - again, unavoidable family issues, but no text to let us know she was running late.

GM and I got involved in some chat with a couple of girls from Kent, which was really good fun while it lasted, but that was pretty much the highlight of the entire evening.

KfW2 went home early - really early. She wasn't feeling brilliant, having picked up a bug/the cold from her fiancĂ© and flagged really quickly. It was obvious to see, and while it was disappointing, it was for the best. S invited one of his friends down and he annoyed me really quickly (as he has done many times) and I got fed up of GB making demands - she refuses to stand in a bar, but won't take the initiative in grabbing seats, directing others. Additionally, as we were making our way to the bar, I paused to let one of the barmaids pass by, only for GB to come up behind me and tell me that it was pointless "because she'll never fuck you". All of this just annoyed me, so I left around half past ten and came home. I wasn't too drunk and could easily have stayed out longer, but everyone's tardiness plus GB's comments on top of a general malaise meant I wasn't in very good form.

So, today I have been generally disappointed in yesterday's outcome and have wished that we'd gone to the New Year's Eve pub instead, if only for a change of scenery. KfW2 phoned this morning and asked if everything was OK. She'd picked up that I wasn't in great form, so I admitted that I wasn't. She didn't sound brilliant, so it looks as if the cold has properly taken hold, so we swapped stories of us being misertable - her, physically, me, mentally.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...