Sunday, March 24, 2013

The funk continues.

The problem with being snowed in and only having intermittent power is that there's not a lot to do when everything inevitably goes dark, apart from perhaps read a book via torch or candlelight. Despite texting a few people to let them know of my circumstances, only two people actually got in contact - KfW2 and CH (after a fashion). UF was chatting to his fiancĂ© and friends, MfW was away to his girlfriend's house.

With an absence of external stimulation, I ended up wrapped in a blanket on the sofa just pondering various things. The lack of contact from various friends and family was forefront in my mind, especially after my recent musings about being in one of my "would like to find someone" moods. The events of the past few days has only strengthened that feeling, but I run into the same problems as I always have: finding someone I'm interested in and actually talking to them. I hate to bring up the CB thing again, but she still pops up on my Facebook feed having posted on MFF's account, and that's a frustration in itself.

I think the contact thing/perceived lack of caring by my friends is part of the reason why I am so annoyed with GB regarding the CB introduction or lack thereof. GB fills her Facebook page with meaningless guff but when it comes to actually doing something meaningful, she falls short and I guess I get the feeling sometimes that I am a better friend than some people deserve, which saddens me somewhat.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...