Thursday, March 07, 2013

Bad news and good news.


The work thing is ongoing. While I appear to be the only one who's been singled out with regards to desk reshuffles, the new manager is still refusing to engage with team members on a more personal level. Today in a meeting, he ignored four direct requests to set up meetings with team members and talked around the requests. In an hour's worth of meeting, he managed to answer the grand total of zero questions, he put no-one's mind at rest and even suggested that we "throw away" a section of our performance management goals that could be at least 5% of our mark at year-end.

Our old manager is still around and he's watched as morale in the team has taken a huge nosedive in the past three weeks. I know it's not just me, but I still feel as if I have been picked on with this seat move. There is still a slight chance that the desk move could be reversed by the end of the month, but I think that was just to try and placate me (something that really hasn't worked). I don't know how much action our old manager can take right now(he still has some influence), but I know he has his nown concerns about the new guy. Hopefully he won't let things get too bad.

In other news, I had the meeting with the foxy HR girl today about my salary concerns and I have gotten a bit of a result. While I haven't gotten exactly what I wanted, I have managed to get 75% of what I'm looking for with a very slight chance that more could follow later in the year. I think I'm reasonably happy enough about that.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...