Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Throwing in the towel.

I was all for giving up on ever getting an introduction to CB - the trouble getting GB to ask MFF for information in the first place, MFF seemingly not hearing from anyone on the other side of this trail of Chinese whispers and the fact it's now been two months since the whole thing kicked off have all taken a toll on my optimism.

And if I am being honest, I was optimistic... why not? CB is single, I assume she's interested in meeting new people, we have a mutual friend in MFF who is able (and supposedly willing as of a month ago) to supply information both ways and my female friends (USHW, GB, A, QC2 and CH amongst others) all gave me the go ahead about making the approach through GB mentioning the Facebook thing, assuring me it was an OK way of doing it (I did have my concerns about that) and that it wouldn't appear creepy.

What I had prepared myself for was either an introduction (not a blind date per se, but an engineered meeting in a group in public) or a refusal/reluctance to meet, and that would have suited me fine - a definitive answer either way. The one thing I didn't want is nothing - to be as clueless now as I was eight weeks ago. MFF hasn't reported back to GB, GB seems reluctant to talk about it now and was never pro-active and I have no idea what has gone on. If I saw CB in the pub again, could I approach her? Has word from MFF gotten to CB through her sister? If so, then approaching her looks like I can't take "no" for an answer. If it hasn't, then it's an option still open to me.

I am reluctant to push it any further with GB and never had any dealings directly with MFF. In my mind, it was an outside bet taking advantage of a rather fortunate coincidence with regards a girl I've spotted briefly in the pub a couple of times who I've never actually spoken to. While I don't think I'm the type to play games, there is an element of me who doesn't want to appear too keen (though I would like to meet CB).

Thanks to a quick chat with USHW last night on Facebook, I don't think I am ready to throw in the towel just yet though. I won't be chasing GB about it any more, mind you. If it comes up in conversation with her, I will ask. If not, I will say nothing. If I get a chance to have a chat informally with MFF (outside of work), then I might mention it to her instead, though chats with MFF in a social setting are few and far between.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...