Saturday, December 22, 2012

The housemate rap.

Most of the following points have been made before, but I've recently vented to USHW and my brother-in-law and it's on my mind, so you might as well see it too.

Our bin hasn't been emptied in a week and is pretty much at the point of overflowing, the floors haven't been mopped or swept since we cleaned up for the landlord about 5 weeks ago (FFS) because I'm waiting to see how long they can actually go without doing anything (admittedly, MfW does empty the dishwasher and take out the recycle box, but that's his limit).

We had a notice from the apartment's handyman who asked us to get in contact ASAP cos our shower is leaking into downstairs, which was picked up by MfW and left on the table in the hallway and I can guarantee you that he's not called him. The tap in the kitchen needs a new washer... the guys won't take responsibility for it. I'm the only person to have cleaned the oven or the microwave or the fridge or the main bathroom since we've moved in. They're both due to go home in two days, so the bin will be like that until they fuck off and I will cave in and empty it, but there's going to be an argument about it soon enough, I think.

The housework needs done, not just because this place is a fucking pig sty (although it is), but because the landlords are coming to do some work over the Xmas period.

MfW is always looking to make a good impression, especially on women and that's one of the reasons why we had the argument over the really flash apartment before we moved in here (despite the fact it was well over our budget). I dunno how he thinks that women are impressed by a flash apartment that hasn't been fucking cleaned in a month and a half. He obviously knows that appearance is important, given the amount of labels he wears, but he can't seem to grasp that a clean apartment will help his chances as well.

UF is essentially taking the piss out of us (me, specifically, seeing as MfW does fuck all) because you have to chase him up for everything, again this is weird because his own room is spotless. Spartan almost.

I'm going to have to have words, but I shouldn't - they're professionals in the fucking 30s, not lazy student wankers who can't afford an hour every couple of weeks to clean up.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...