Thursday, December 20, 2012

Surprise, surprise.

The Xmas Party was not brilliant. There were last minute changes made which meant that the company would need to spread the party across two nights, with supposedly half the company going on each night. I get along with my immediate work colleagues (which includes KfW2, though she didn't go to the party this year), but the other people I know around the company who I'd loved to have had a drink with, all were going on the other night - CH, MF, GB, JB etc.

I made a decision to pop over and see the others on the second night for a quiet drink or two - it wasn't a huge inconvenience as the chosen venue this year is really close to where I live. I only told MF and GB, so when I showed my face, CH was delighted. We ended up chatting for pretty much the rest of the night and it was well after 2AM by the time I got into bed. Work today was not fun - I wasn't hungover or owt, but two nights partying in a row is starting to get beyond me these days!

Most of the chats were just the usual banter between us, but we did briefly touch upon my relationship status and her vocal pondering about why I am (still) single. While it's a conversation I don't mind having with CH, the Xmas Party is not the time nor the place, so I kinda deflected it, but I would like to revisit the topic at some point.

CH also got into a conversation with the stunning blonde from this post so I got to stand alongside and just have a good perv. I think the stunning blonde now has a good grasp of who I am what with the recent meeting, plus we got introduced a couple of times at the Xmas Party by various people. She is married, but this is strictly professional "networking" with a view to a payrise next year.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...