Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Just one more thing.

Facebook reminds me that it's 11 years to the day that I got ambiguous texts from CH, where she was timidly asking me to meet up with her even though she was on a night out. In fact, it might have even been a hen night.

I recall discussing this with USHW at the time and she backed up my assumption that this wasn't an ordinary "come out for a drink", but something more. Something that might cross a line.

And then she went quiet, and that was it. When she subsequently told the tale a few weeks later, it was a heavily sanitised version.

As I type this, it's suddenly occurred to me that it was the same year that CH got very drunk at our work Christmas party and gave off other hints about meeting her in a friend's hotel room after she took a nap, where I got sidetracked by a co-worker for a chat and GB beat me to it.

I'd never put those two together before, but yeah, only a few months apart. Now I feel like Columbo putting clues together.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...